Halloween is just around the corner – and if you’re anything like us, you’ll be up until midnight the night before desperately patching together a costume, making treats (and eating them), and trying to make zombie brain decorations by pouring tomato sauce on a cabbage.
It's time to relax! We’re here to relieve you of that horror. Read on to find our super easy vegan Halloween treats recipe and links to our very own pastel ghost and black cat garland decorations!
Go on… trick or treat yo’self!
☠ ☠ ☠
☠ ☠ ☠
Strawberry Ghosts and Pretzel Screams
1 1/2 cups Raw Cocoa Butter, grated or finely chopped
¾ cup refined coconut oil
½ cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup raw cacao powder1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine the white chocolate ingredients into a food processer and blend until smooth. Put into a bowl, and do the same for the chocolate ingredients.
2. Use your white chocolate to create the white base of the “eyes” for your pretzels by dolloping the chocolate on baking paper in circular shapes about the size of a 5 cent piece. Place in the fridge.
3. Whilst the eyes are in the fridge, use the remainder of your white chocolate to dip the strawberries in, making the strawberry ghost bodies. Lay them on a plate lined with baking paper. Refrigerate once finished.
4. Dip the pretzels into the dark chocolate, completely covering them. Lay them on a plate lined with baking paper. Take the eyes out of the fridge and place two on each pretzel, and then freeze.
5. Take the sandwich bag and cut a small piece of the corner off to create a piping bag. Using the rest of the dark chocolate, dollop little pupils for the eyes and faces on your ghosts and pretzels. Put them in the freezer to set.
DIY black cat & pastel ghost garlands!
Trick or treat? Here’s a little treat from us – click to download our DIY pastel ghost and black cat garland templates!
Simply cut them out, attach to string and hang around your home for a spooky delight.
☠ ☠ ☠